Occupy National Gathering
The occupy national gathering, implemented through a horizontal, democratic and transparent process and endorsed by almost 60 occupations across the country, will allow us to strategically plan for the coming year, work on a vision for the future, and most importantly build relationships and skills that will allow us to strengthen our ties as a movement!
- Listen to speakers such as Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi, Rosanne Bar, Rev. Billy and the Gospel Choir from the Church of Stop Shopping, Julie Matthaei, Captain Ray Lewis, Victoria Grant and the President of the NLG, among others.
- Bring your skills, talents and passions to share with the wider movement during open space for Occupiers, organizations and individuals. Trainings about sustainable organizing, strategic action development, anti-oppression, media, national coordiantion, affinity groups, tech tools and many more topics are already in the works!
- Join strategic conversations with those working on similar issues
- Participate in Actions with occupiers and allies from across the country
- On July 4th, participate in a process designed to collectively craft a vision for a democratic future with both those present and participating virtually
- Join the Occupy Wall Street Guitarmy on a 99 mile march back to Wall Street to deliver our vision to the lion’s den.
- Have lots of fun!
Travel: The Occupy Caravan (occupycaravan.com) will be convening in several strategic points around the country to communally travel to Philadelphia. We would encourage everyone interested in coming to the Gathering but unable to afford the expense to go it alone to connect with the Caravan.
Arrangements in Philly: If you are planning to attend, please read up on everything you need to know about what to bring, sleeping arrangements, and other details here.
- RSVP to the invite on the facebook event page, invite everyone you know, and forward this information to every network you have developed during your time in the movement and beyond.
- Visit the website and donate a little or a lot to the cause.
- We still need a people who have been involved in local Food Comittees, Medic, Safety, and Facilitation to come and lend their time and passion. If anyone is interested please email info@
Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/
Please forward this email as widely as possible.
The National Gathering Working Group